OKLAHOMA EIGHT MAN FOOTBALL COACHES ASSOCIATION
AMENDED DECEMBER, 2006
(Name, Purpose and Officers)
The name of this organization shall be the OKLAHOMA EIGHT MAN FOOTBALL COACHES ASSOCIATION
The purpose of the association shall be:
1. To provide an organization for the administering the OEMFCA ALL-STAR FOOTBALL GAME.
2. To provide an organization for the administering the OEMFCA STATE POWER LIFTING MEET.
3. To promote Eight Man Football in the state of Oklahoma and throughout the United States.
4. To reward and honor our finest players for their success and to expose their skills so that they may increase
their chances of continuing to play the game of football at a high level.
5. To raise money from selected charities and to provide scholarships for the ALL-STAR players.
MEMBERSHIP: A non-member school may be admitted into the OEMFCA by:
1. Must be a member of the OSSAA
2. Be classified as an eight man football playing school by the OSSAA.
3. Be placed in a football district with other eight man schools by the OSSAA.
4. Paying OEMFCA entry level dues of $225.00, and paying annual dues of $225.00 by the first of December
each year. (Membership shall be forfeited by failure to pay dues and assessments of failure to participate in the
projects of the OEMFCA within any given year. Before a school can be reinstated it must pay the entry level dues
and all back dues.)
2. Associate Director
5. The Director, Associate Director, President and Vice-President will constitute the OEMFCA Executive
6. The Executive Committee will have the duty to organize the activities and make the necessary arrangements
for the All-Star Game and the State Power Lifting Meet.
DUTIES OF THE OFFICERS:
1. The Director shall be the chairman of the Executive Committee and shall preside at all meetings. He will
serve as secretary and be in charge of the OEMFCA account.
2. The President shall perform the duties of the Director during his absence of incapacitation of the latter.
3. The Vice-President after the President.
4. Specific duties of all officers are outlined on the last page of the Constitution.
ELECTION OF OFFICERS
1. The Director is a permanent position and will be filled by a majority vote of the association.
2. The President and the Vice-President of the OEMFCA shall be elected at the annual December meeting.
Their term shall be for two years with the Vice-President being the President elect and a new Vice-President being
elected. It has been decided (summer meeting-1990) to let the officers maintain their positions as long as they are
willing or another person wishes to hold that office.
1. The Director of the OEMFCA will be paid $100.00 per month plus any and all expenses he may incur in
performing the duties of his office. (December meeting-1988)
2. The Secretary of the OEMFCA will be paid $10.00 per membership school (December meeting-1988). Duties
of the Secretary have been assumed by the Director since the death of Vera Sterba in 1991. No additional salary to
ACTIVITIES OF THE OEMFCA
1. The OEMFCA will sponsor the Eight Man All-Star Football Game.
2. The game will be played on the third Saturday in July each year, and such activities as the association shall
approve at any constitutional meeting.
3. The game will be played at Ranger Stadium on the campus of Northwestern Oklahoma State University in
Alva, Oklahoma. (Amended February 2003, the game will be play at NEO A&M College at Miami, Oklahoma, by
voted of body.)
4. The OEMFCA will sponsor a State Power lifting meet.
5. The meet will be held in February.
6. The meet will be at a site determined at the December meeting.
1. The advisory board is a liaison committee between the membership schools and the OSSAA. This board is
made up of the OEMFCA officers ( Director, Associate Director, President, and Vice-President) and six OEMFCA
coaches. With equal distribution between the two eight man classifications. This Advisory Board was recommended
by the OSSAA (Cecil Devine). It was used once or twice in 1990-91. Since that time the OSSAA has made
decisions on their own with out the help of this board.
Procedure at all meetings will adhere to Roberts’ rules of Parliamentary Procedure.
A quorum shall consist of two-thirds of the official OEMFCA membership.
Each membership school shall have one vote to be cast by the school’s official representative.
Disciplinary action may be administered upon member schools by a majority vote of the schools not involved in the
situation under consideration.
ENTRY LEVEL FEE:
Each school will pay an initial entry level fee of $225.00 to the OEMFCA. Entry level fees must be paid by
December the first of the year prior to participation in the OEMFCA All—Star Game and State Power Lifting Meet.
The annual dues shall be $225.00 payable to the OEMFCA by December first of each year. Failure to pay annual
dues will result in the school having to repay the entry level dues the following year, as well as that current year’s
annual dues. Failure to pay annual dues by December first will result in your school not being able to present any
players for consideration on the regional or all star level.
At least one meeting will be held each year. That meeting will be held in December on Friday after the State
Championship game. Special meetings may be called by the Executive Committee.
The Director is responsible for the preparation of an agenda for each meeting.
This constitution and by-laws may be amended at any meeting. It shall require the affirmative vote of two-thirds of
the member schools to pass as amendment.
DISBURSEMENT OF PROFITS:
Since the OEMFCA is a non-profit organization, scholarships will be awarded to select All-Star athletes.
1. There will be two teams, one will be all Class C Schools and the other will be all Class B Schools.
(Combination of two (2) Class B Districts and two (2) Class C Districts decided at December meeting)
2. Each team will have 36 players, 4 coaches and 4 counselors.
SELECTION OF PLAYERS, COACHES AND COUNSELORS:
1. Each District will have a meeting in November and select All-Star players, one coach and one counselor.
2. The number of players selected by each district will correspond with the number of team in their district, with
the maximum of eight.
3. An Alternate Team is to be selected at this District meeting.
4. The remaining All-Star players needed to meet the required number of 36 on each team will be added at the
December meeting by the All-Star Coaches and Counselors. These players will be selected from the Alternate list
from each District.
1. If any coach feel they have a true All-State candidate. They will need to nominate him for that position
through our Eight Man final selection process committee.
2. The candidate;s coach will need to provide the selection committee with statistics and two films.
3. The two films are to be two halves, and the halves are to be consecutive quarters.
4. No highlight films.
SELECTION COMMITTEE (December meeting 2000)
1. The committee will contain ten coaches, five from Class C and five from Class B.
2. The West committee will be composed by: one coach from each of the three western Class C districts and
one coach from each of the two western Class B districts, plus one Class B coach from one of the two Class B
districts on a rotation basis.
3. The East committee will be composed of; two coaches from the eastern Class C district and one coach from
each of the two eastern Class B districts.
4. These committee members will be selected at the November district meetings. Each district will select their
Selection Committee member.
1. The committee will meet the Thursday night before the December meeting.
2. The Director will decide where the meeting will take place.
3. The lodging and Thursday night meal will be paid for by the OEMFCA.
STATE POWERLIFTING MEET
1. Only participates that were on the team’s football rooster may be eligible to
participate in the State Power lifting meet.
2. The date and place will be decided by the OMEFCA at the December meeting.
3. The manager of the State Meet will be in charge of running the meet and all necessary elements of the meet.